Introducing Caring Circle, a Lakeland Health Affiliate
Jun 3, 2016
(ST. JOSEPH) – Caring Circle, a Lakeland Health Affiliate, has been established to represent the range of programs offered for quality of life care, including local non-hospice programs. Caring Circle includes the following services for people adjusting to living with a serious illness, as well as to people facing death, anticipating the death of a loved one, or healing their grief after the death of a loved one:
- Transitions – a volunteer support program provided in the comfort of home to help people and their loved ones cope with advanced progressive illnesses.
- HouseCalls – brings expert primary medical care directly to the home, and may be an option for those who have serious or chronic conditions and who are unable to travel to a physician’s office or clinic to receive care.
- Palliative Care – designed to help manage symptoms, relieve suffering, and increase quality of life for those living with a chronic, life-limiting illness and can be used alongside curative treatment.
- Hospice at Home – the oldest and largest community-based hospice organization in the area. Hospice at Home focuses on caring for people and their entire family, keeping in mind what is important to them.
- Merlin and Carolyn Hanson Hospice Center – a home-away-from-home for people in a variety of situations that need additional support in the final weeks of life.
- Bereavement Care – provides complimentary resources to support clients, their families, and loved ones as they cope with grief.
- Lory’s Place – a community bereavement center founded in 2004 that provides peer support and group services for grieving children, adults, and families throughout southwest Michigan and northern Indiana.
To learn more about Caring Circle, call (269) 429-7100 or visit www.caring-circle.org
Font Awesome Icons