Corewell Health Breaks Ground on New $4.78 Million
Care Center in Bridgman
Sep 1, 2023
St. Joseph, Mich., Sept. 1, 2023 -
Leaders and medical staff from Corewell Health gathered on Wednesday, Aug. 30, with more than 70 community members and government officials at 9625 Red Arrow Highway in Bridgman to celebrate the groundbreaking of the new 10,000-square-foot Corewell Health Care Center
Estimated at $4.78 million, the new building will be adjacent to the current Corewell Health Southwestern Medical Primary Care building, which averages 18,000 patients annually. When construction of the Care Center is complete in the summer of 2024, the new facility will feature primary care and radiology services, the latest technology, amenities and equipment. It will have almost double the number of exam rooms and self-check-in kiosks for convenience.
“The new Care Center will expand health care services to residents in southern Berrien County and demonstrates Corewell Health’s commitment to providing exceptional medical care to patients and their families right in their community,” said James Kroeze, D.O., practice chief, Corewell Health Southwestern Medical Primary Care - Bridgman.
“We are incredibly grateful to have the support of this special community that truly cares for one another and shares our common goal of increasing access to high-quality, state-of-the-art care in the greater Bridgman community,” said Melinda Gruber, Ph.D., vice president, Corewell Health South Medical Group and continuing care. “The project is only possible because our community trusts us and comes to us for care. We take this trust very seriously.”
Like other Corewell Health facilities, the building design allows for greater provider collaboration, resulting in improved continuity of care and overall patient experience. The facility will allow for additional providers which will result in shorter wait times for patients.
Individuals pictured with shovels from left to right:
- James Savoie, Director, Primary Care Services, Corewell Health in Southwest Michigan
- Autumn Strauss, Practice Manager, Corewell Health Southwestern Primary Care - Bridgman
- Elaine Starbuck, Patient Services Representative Lead, Corewell Health Southwestern Primary Care - Bridgman
- Melinda Gruber, Ph.D., Vice President of the Corewell Health South Medical Group and Continuing Care
- James Kroeze, DO, Family Medicine Physician, Practice Chief, Corewell Health Southwestern Primary Care - Bridgman
- Daniel Hayward, MD, Internal Medicine Physician, Corewell Health Southwestern Primary Care - Bridgman
- Jonathan Osburn, Family Medicine Physician, Corewell Health Southwestern Primary Care - Bridgman
- Deb Mazurik, Patient Services Representative, Corewell Health Southwestern Primary Care - Bridgman
- Phil Cooper, Director, Planning Design and Construction, Corewell Health in Southwest Michigan
- Pam Klint, N.P., Corewell Health Southwestern Primary Care - Bridgman