This low-carbohydrate stuffing substitution includes cauliflower in place of bread and offers a tasty alternative to this traditional comfort food.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery and saute until soft, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and mushroom and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add parsley, rosemary, and sage and stir until combined.
- Pour vegetable or chicken broth over mixture and cover with a lid until totally tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Calories per serving: 116 Total Fat: 8 g Sodium: 305 mg Total Carbohydrate: 9 g Total Sugar: 4 g Protein: 3 g