More Than Skin Deep
When you receive a professional medical massage, there’s a lot more happening than meets the eye.
Here are a few of the key health benefits associated with massage:
- Stimulation of the muscles
- Improved circulation of the blood
- Improved lymph circulation
- Improved blood supply to the nervous system
- Improved digestion
- Improved skin tone
With all that going on beneath the surface, it’s no wonder that a medical massage improves your outlook on life!
Medical Massage at Lakeland
Our staff has the skills and qualifications necessary to help you get the most from massage therapy. They are fully trained, professionally certified, and well-versed in the medical-therapeutic approach to massage. Because we’re part of the Lakeland continuum of care, you can feel confident that the type of massage therapy we recommend is medically right for you.
Our therapists can also provide advice on preventing future problems, and even on-the-spot referrals to physicians if they identify a condition which requires medical attention.
Depending on your age and general physical condition, a regular program of massage therapy can help relieve such common problems as:
- Neck, shoulder and back pain
- Stress and tension
- Sore muscles and muscle spasms
- Headache and eye strain
The Benefits of Medical Massage
Everyone knows that a massage feels good, helps you relax, and aids in stress reduction. But there’s much more to massage than just relaxation and stress management. Medical massage can benefit people of all ages, no matter what their health profile, lifestyle, or level of physical activity:
- For physically active people, medical massage can help maintain optimal muscle health, enhance performance, alleviate soreness and stiffness in muscles and joints, and reduce the risk of injuries.
- For middle-aged and elderly people, medical massage can ease the aches and pains associated with aging, and help preserve joint and muscle health.
- For people with risk factors for cancer or heart disease, medical massage can reduce stress and even help to lower blood pressure, two prime risk factors for these and other medical conditions.
- For people with old injuries, medical massage can help maintain quality of life by relieving residual pain and stiffness.
30-minute massage: $35
45-minute massage: $50
60-minute massage: $65
75-minute massage: $80
90-minute massage: $95
10% senior citizen discount
10% Lakeland team member and spouse discount
Gift certificates available
For more information, contact:
Lakeland Orthopedic Physical Therapy, St. Joseph