Pediatric Hospitalist Opportunity at Lakeland Health
Location: St. Joseph
Overview of Highlights
Spectrum Health Lakeland is seeking a board-certified or board-eligible full time pediatric hospitalist to join our dedicated team of providers. We will consider training in Pediatrics or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics. Seeking physicians who are patient-centered and team-oriented to join our high performing team.
The Pediatric Hospitalist Team provides coverage for inpatient pediatrics and the newborn nursery at Lakeland Medical Center, St. Joseph. Primary duties include:
- Admitting and Rounding on patients daily; average daily census: 2-4 pediatric patients,
- Management of newborns in level 1 nursery (close relationships with NICU facilities nearby)
- Attend high-risk deliveries
- Perform procedures, including circumcision, intubation, lumbar puncture
- Consultations in Emergency Room
Spectrum Health Lakeland received the Perinatal Care Certification from The Joint Commission in 2015, being the first health system in Michigan and in the Midwest to receive this designation. Epic electronic health records help support our high degree of commitment to technology as a tool to improve outcomes, as demonstrated by our receiving the Davies Award and achieving HIMSS Stage 7 designation.
Spectrum Health Lakeland, ranked one of the 15 Top Hospitals® in the nation by IBM Watson Health™ in 2019, is a teaching hospital offering residencies in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Dermatology. We also host 3rd and 4th year medical students from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Central Michigan University College of Medicine.
Join an award-winning health system that embraces new ideas, invests in the latest technologies, and commits to excellent care.
Recruitment & Benefits Package
- Competitive market-based compensation
- Health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance/retirement benefits
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance provided in accordance with policy
- Interview expenses covered
Southwest Michigan is home to Whirlpool Corporation’s Global Headquarters and Andrews University – one of the most diverse college campuses in the United States. One of the most affordable places to live in Michigan, we offer a peaceful, relaxed quality of life, with a wide variety of outdoor and cultural activities only 90 minutes from downtown Chicago.
Click Here to Apply Now!
To learn more, please contact Alexis Johns at email@example.com or (269) 982-4808.