Flu Shots Due October 30
Sep 16, 2020
The annual influenza vaccination program will begin Monday, September 28. Team members must get a flu shot by Friday, October 30, in order to comply with the mandatory vaccine policy. This includes team members who work remotely.
Flu shots are free for all team members and spouses, providers, residents, students, volunteers, and retirees of Lakeland.
Employee Health is providing open flu shot clinics at several Lakeland locations. (Note: the Sept. 28 and 29 flu clinics have been moved from the Upton Center to the 4 North Education Classroom, Building C, 4th floor).
Please get vaccinated early. Together, we can keep our patients, our community, and each other healthy and safe.
Things to keep in mind:
- Egg-free vaccinations are available
- Anyone who receives the flu vaccine elsewhere must have documentation on file with Employee Health by October 30
- All medical and religious exemptions must be documented and submitted to Employee Health by October 30
- When flu activity has reached a determined threshold and been announced, exempt staff will be required to wear a surgical mask at all times within six feet of any patient
- To access updated policy and exemption forms, click here
- The calendar for this year’s flu shot clinics can be found here