Spectrum Health EMBA Program Now Accepting Applications
Oct 16, 2019
In partnership with Grand Valley State University, Spectrum Health offers a comprehensive, two-year, fully accredited master’s program for eligible team members to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the dynamic and competitive healthcare industry.
The Executive Master of Business Administration program will prepare participants who are interested in learning more about the business side of health care and becoming an impactful leader at Spectrum Health.
Interested in the program? Please review the frequently asked questions below:
When is the application period?
The application period for the class of 2022 is November 1, 2019 through November 22, 2019.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Active Spectrum Health employee
- Exempt employee status (salaried)
- Minimum tenure of one year with Spectrum Health by time of application submission
- Accredited bachelor’s degree completed at the time of internal application
- Direct leader recommendation and VP endorsement
- 100% completion of Talent Profile
What is the required commitment if my application is accepted?
- 22-month program with classes every other Friday and two Saturdays a month
- Program launches in August 2020 and graduates in April 2022
- Remain at Spectrum Health for three years after graduation, or pay back tuition on a prorated basis
What are the costs associated with the program?
Spectrum Health covers all program costs, including tuition. However, the tuition cost does have tax implications and will be subject to applicable tax withholding. Spectrum Health will provide a payroll adjustment to cover this expense.
In addition, regional employees may be eligible to be reimbursed for mileage and hotel costs to attend class.
I’m interested. What do I do now?
- Review the full program details here
- Have a conversation with your direct leader about the program requirements, fit, support, and next steps.
- Think about and prepare for the application, which requires:
- Essay responses to be completed by the applicant
- Letter of recommendation (2 to 3 paragraphs) from the applicant’s direct leader
- VP endorsement
For questions, contact the EMBA admin team at firstname.lastname@example.org