Fiesta Bean Salad
Chuck Stark |
May 8, 2018
2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt added white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup roasted corn or 1 (15-ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
In a large bowl, combine avocado, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, corn, peppers, onion, and jalapeno.
Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Pour dressing mixture over vegetables; mix well. Chill thoroughly, and serve cold.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
168 calories, 7.5g protein, 23.4g carbohydrates, 7.3g fiber, 9.9g fat, 41.4mg sodium