Corewell Health Offers Drive-through Community Flu Clinics
in Southwest Michigan
Aug 31, 2023
St. Joseph, Mich., Aug. 31, 2023 - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends a yearly flu vaccine for everyone ages six months and older as the best protection from this serious illness. Lakeland Care Network (Lakeland Care), in collaboration with Corewell Health, will offer drive-through community flu shots on the following dates:
- Sept. 14 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Corewell Health Center for Outpatient Services
- Sept. 15 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Corewell Health Center for Outpatient Services
- Sept. 18 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at City of New Buffalo Fire Station
- Sept. 19 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Berrien Springs – Oronoko Township Fire Station
- Sept. 22 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Hartford Fire Department
- Sept. 25 from noon to 6 p.m. at Lincoln Charter Township Fire Department
- Sept. 26 from noon to 4 p.m. at North Berrien Fire and Rescue – Riverside/Hagar
- Sept. 28 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Corewell Health Watervliet Hospital
- Sept. 29 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at St. Joseph Today
- Oct. 2 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Dowagiac Fire Department
- Oct. 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Corewell Health Lakeland Hospitals - Niles Hospital
- Oct. 4 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Chikaming Township Fire Station
- Oct. 5 from noon to 6 p.m. at First Congregational Church
- Oct. 6 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Corewell Health Center for Outpatient Services
- Oct. 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at North Berrien Fire and Rescue – Coloma
Drive-through flu shots are available for adults ages 18 and over and patients can remain in their car while the shot is administered. Appointments are not needed. Lakeland Care will administer the quadrivalent flu vaccine which offers protection against four different flu viruses. The high-dose quadrivalent flu vaccine will be available for those age 65 years and older.
If community members would like Lakeland Care to bill their health insurance, they will need to bring their insurance card with them. Most health insurance programs cover the cost of the vaccine. To pay at time of vaccination, the cost is $37 or $74 for the high-dose vaccine (cash or check only; credit cards not accepted).
For more information about drive-through flu vaccines, or to inquire about hosting a flu shot clinic at a local worksite, call 269.927.5154.