Years of environmental exposure and skin conditions such as acne can damage the skin – obscuring clarity, tone, color and texture. Chemical peel procedures help correct damage associated with chronological aging.
These relaxing and effective treatments clear the top layer of skin, opening clogged pores that obstruct the development of healthy, beautiful skin.
A chemical peel uses a chemical solution to improve the skin's appearance by removing the damaged outer layers. It can reduce or remove fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth. It can:
- Correct uneven skin color (pigmentation)
- Remove precancerous skin growths
- Soften acne or treat scars caused by acne
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and scarring
- Treat skin blemishes common with age and heredity
Chemical peels can be done on the face, neck, chest, hands, arms, and legs. Chemical peels will not treat deep lines, change pore size, or remove deep scars.