- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
- 6 lemon slices, cut in half (optional)
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried, crushed
- 2 or 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns, cracked
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the marinade ingredients.
- Discard all the visible fat from the chicken. Using a knife, halve width-wise the chicken to create two thinner breasts. Add to the marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to eight hours, turning occasionally. Discard the marinade.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Grill the chicken for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
To serve, garnish with the lemon slices and sage leaves.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 125 calories, 26g protein, 0g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 1.5g fat, 66 mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium