- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
- 6 lemon slices, cut in half (optional)
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried, crushed
- 2 or 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns, cracked
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the marinade ingredients.
- Discard all the visible fat from the chicken. Using a knife, halve width-wise the chicken to create two thinner breasts. Add to the marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to eight hours, turning occasionally. Discard the marinade.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Grill the chicken for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
To serve, garnish with the lemon slices and sage leaves.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 125 calories, 26g protein, 0g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 1.5g fat, 66 mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium
Check-Up: How Sickness Affects Diabetes (Claudia Hanely, RN, CDE)
Claudia Hanley, RN, CDE, explains how being sick can affect your stress level and blood sugar level.
Check-Up: Safe Blood Sugar Levels (Michael Rushlow, RN, CDE)
Michael Rushlow, RN, outlines how diabetes educators use target ranges to help patients gauge their blood sugar levels at various points in the day.
Check-Up: Gestational Diabetes & How to Control It (Benjamin Wood, DO)
BellaNoval Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Ben Wood, DO, explains how Gestational Diabetes impacts a pregnancy, and how diabetes educators can help women create a balanced diet to control their blood sugar level.
Check-Up: Meal Planning for Diabetics (Jessica Heckman, RD)
Lakeland Health Diabetes Educator, Jessica Heckman, RD, CDE, shares tips for meal planning for diabetics.
Spectrum Health Lakeland: Your 100 Top Hospital
IBM Watson Health™ published its 100 Top Hospitals® 2019 study naming Lakeland among the top 100 hospitals in the U.S. based on overall organizational performance.