Little Changes Add Up
Kids are never too old for active play. Moving around builds strong muscles and bones. And being active helps your child or teen stay at a healthy weight. Encourage any kind of activity your child enjoys, whether it’s alone or with friends.
Keep in mind little changes add up. Squeezing activity into a busy day can make a difference. Here are some things you and your child can try:
- Make chores active. Wash the car, rake the leaves—whatever gets you going!
- Take the stairs instead of an elevator or escalator.
- Set aside time one Saturday each month to take a walk as a family.
- Park the car farther from a store and walk to the entrance.
- Have your teen walk to a friend's house instead of getting a ride.