Simple granola bar
Jordan Roberts |
Mar 22, 2021
For easy snacking or breakfast the whole
family will enjoy, try this simple granola bar recipe.
It’s made exclusively with pantry items, easy to
make, and tastes like a treat. Other dried fruits like
apricots or figs can also work well in this recipe
if you don’t have dates on hand. Feel free to
swap in other nuts for the peanuts.
Ingredients (10 servings):
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds, unsalted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter, no sugar added
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large food processor, add the dates and
almonds. Process until it forms fine crumbs.
- Add the maple syrup, peanut butter, and
salt and process until mixture is well
combined. Pour mixture into a medium
- Add oats to the mixing bowl and stir
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking
dish and pack it down.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for
about 18 minutes, until the bars start to get
lightly brown around the edges.
- Let granola cool in the pan and then once
cooled, remove the whole granola square from
the pan and place it on a large cutting board.
- Using a large chef’s knife, cut the granola
square into 10 bars.
Nutrition information (1 bar):
273 calories, 12.2 g fat, 71.9 mg sodium, 37.1 g carbohydrates, 5.3 g fiber, 19.4 g sugar, 7.7 g protein