Treatment for Obesity
If you have been struggling to lose weight for years, consider a new program. Intensive behavioral therapy (IBT) for obesity can help you achieve a healthier lifestyle.
If you have Medicare Part B and have a body mass index (BMI) over 30, then you may be eligible to receive IBT as a covered benefit. This means that you will not be responsible for copays or deductibles.
Intensive behavioral treatment includes:
- Accountability and encouragement to help you successfully lose weight
- Individualized meal plans designed around the foods you like and within your budget
- Menu ideas, recipes, and grocery shopping tips
- Progress reports sent to your physician
- Strategies to help foster a healthy relationship with food, and learn to eliminate emotional eating
- Up to 22 one-on-one visits with a registered dietitian
The benefits of weight loss are many and can include:
- Decreased hypertension
- Decreased LDL cholesterol
- Decreased serum cholesterol
- Improved blood sugar control
- Increased confidence
- Increased energy
- Increased HDL cholesterol
- Increased mobility
- Improved mood
Here’s how to make an appointment:
- Check with your medical provider to learn whether you’re eligible to receive IBT (both men and women are eligible for this program).
- Call Lakeland Diabetes and Nutritionat at (269) 556-7171 to make an initial IBT appointment.
- Tell the scheduler that you want to make an IBT appointment with a registered dietitian.