Care for more than you may think
Manipulative treatment can benefit individuals with a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Newborn/infant feeding difficulties
- Pediatric torticollis and head-shape concerns
- Pregnancy and postpartum support
- Symptoms related to injuries and chronic pain
- Headaches and other cranial conditions
- Acute and chronic ear-sinus infections
- Digestive disorders
- Stress or sports-related illnesses
- Concussion and traumatic brain injuries
- Recovery from recent surgery or hospitalization
We also work closely with other health care professionals, including primary care providers, physical therapists, sports medicine experts, orthopedics, pain management professionals, behavioral health and other area specialists who may be your best next step for optimal health and support.
About your appointment
Manipulative treatment is a collaborative process. Individuals work with providers to discuss individualized short and long-term health goals. Our providers at our Longmeadow office will talk with you throughout your visits to be sure you are comfortable. You are welcome to bring a friend or partner if you would like.
Your first visit will last about an hour. Here are some additional details to help you prepare:
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out any necessary paperwork.
- We will review your medical records, discuss your medical history and perform a physical exam.
- During the exam and treatment, you will be fully clothed, but small areas of skin may need to be exposed to obtain a complete exam.
- Please wear comfortable clothing made of soft materials and do not wear blue jeans.
- Parents of infants may want to plan to feed your child during the visit for the baby’s comfort.
Follow-up visits will last about 30 minutes each. Our providers will communicate with your primary care physician to be sure we are supporting your ongoing care.
“It can take up to three treatments to see if OMT is improving your health and wellness. Everyone is on a unique healing path and the appropriateness of OMT will be re-evaluated at each visit," Dr. Schaefer explains. "The time between appointments depends on the condition we are treating. We typically see patients every two to four weeks.”
To schedule an appointment call 269.684.6000 or request online here.
Our office is located at
Corewell Health Primary Care
4 Longmeadow Village Drive
Niles, MI 49120