It’s the Little Things that Deliver Big Smiles
Having a baby is an exciting time in your life – and at the BirthPlace in our Niles and St. Joseph hospitals, we want to make it a healthy time. Whether this is your first baby or you are continuing to build your family, our experienced physicians and clinical staff are here to help provide you with safe, high-quality care every step of the way.
Some of the little things that make the BirthPlace special:
- Access to pediatric specialists 24/7
- Daily serenity hours
- Experienced and loving care professionals
- Intimate family-centered birthing suites
- Newly renovated rooms
- Ongoing new parent education
- Online nursery for friends and family who can’t be present
- On-site certified breastfeeding consultant
Lakeland Hospital Niles awarded Excellence in Maternity Care in 2020.
The Economic Alliance for Michigan (EAM), a nonprofit group comprised of Michigan’s largest employers and unions, has awarded Lakeland Hospital Niles with the 2020 Maternity Care Excellence Award for demonstrated excellence in maternity care and delivery outcomes. The hospital is among only sixteen in the state to have earned the award this year, including four other Spectrum Health hospitals. Learn more