Chuck Stark |
Jun 29, 2020
Juicy watermelon is high in vitamins A and C and the antioxidant lycopene. The deeper the melon's red hue, the more nutrients it has. Its flavor really pops when paired with tangy feta cheese, a good source of calcium.
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups watermelon chunks
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Arrange spinach on a platter and top
with the watermelon.
- Sprinkle on feta, jalapeno and basil.
- Drizzle with the oil, and season with salt and pepper as desired.
Nutrition Information (4 servings): 186 calories, 10.2 g fat, 13mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 25.8g sugar, 4g protein