Professional Fees, Payments, and Billing
Billing an individual’s insurance company is a courtesy provided by this practice because we want to limit your financial stress. Please be aware that your plan may have a deductible and/or require a co-pay at each visit. This is your responsibility.
We will ask and expect to receive your co-payment at the time of service, prior to you seeing a medical provider. If the appointment is for a minor, the adult accompanying the child is responsible for payment.
We accept cash, most credit cards, and personal checks.
Your insurance policy is a contract made between you and the insurance company. This medical practice is not a part of that contractual agreement. You are encouraged to contact your insurance company to confirm benefits. You are responsible for any and all charges that your insurance does not pay.
Follow these guidelines before your appointment:
- Make sure your insurance is accepted at our practice.
- Determine which services are covered by your plan.
- Use your legal name for all insurance information and medical record transactions.
- Bring your insurance card to each appointment. If you are covered by two insurance companies, present both cards at registration.
- Patients who participate in Medicaid must present a current form of identification.
- Contact your insurance company if you have questions about eligibility for claim denials.
- Cases that involve automobile accidents and Workers’ Compensation require written or verbal authorization prior to treatment.
Patient Financial Advocates
If you have difficulty managing the balance on your account, we are here to help develop a plan. Alternate payment arrangements can be made with a patient financial advocate by calling (844) 408-4103 or (269) 428-5007.
A Patient Financial Advocate can also:
- Answer questions about your bill
- Assist with financial assistance applications
- Complete Health Exchange/Medicaid application
- Provide estimates for future services
- Set up low-interest payment plans
Download the Patient Payment Alternatives brochure - click here.