Lakeland at Home
Often, for those who are suffering from an illness or disability, being home in familiar surroundings and close to family and friends is one of the best “medicines.” Lakeland at Home offers a wide range of services which can be provided for those who are recovering, disabled, or chronically ill and in need of medical, nursing, social, or therapeutic treatment, as well as assistance with the necessary activities of daily living.
Lakeland at Home is accredited with commendation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the nation’s most respected and stringent reviewer of health care, and has been providing quality homecare services to most of southwest Michigan since 1985.
Lakeland at Home is comprised of four specialized, home-based services that help people maintain or improve their health:
- Spectrum Health Lakeland Home Infusion delivers diabetes supplies and intravenous therapy products to homes. Registered nurses and pharmacists serve as the link between patients and physicians.
- Lakeland Homecare offers specialized care for individuals who are recovering from an illness or injury, disabled, or chronically ill. Services include medical, nursing, social or therapeutic treatments and assistance with daily living.
- Lakeland Help at Home, formerly Lakeland Health Services, is a fee-for-service division that provides medical, housekeeping, and companion care to people who wish to remain living independently at home, but who may struggle with daily tasks.
- Lakeland HouseCalls is staffed by a physician who visits homebound patients to help keep them healthy and out of the hospital.
- Lakeland CallSafe provides the latest technology available in personal, medical, and safety alert systems.
Skilled homecare professionals work closely with physicians, to ensure that patients receive exactly the care they need. As ordered by the physician, we provide a full complement of services including:
- Nursing, with specialists in enterostomal, pediatric, medical surgical, cardiac, behavioral health and oncology
- Social work
- Home health aide services
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
When appropriate for the patient and approved by the physician Lakeland at Home uses the HomMed® Health Monitoring System, in-home telemonitoring technology. The patient uses the HomMed system to check their vital signs every day and the results are transmitted to the clinicians at Lakeland for review. If even the slightest abnormalities are recorded, action can be taken to correct the problem. This new technology brings benefits to both patients and health care professionals. Patients and their family members appreciate knowing that their vital signs are watched every day for potential life-threatening irregularities. It also greatly improves the quality of health care we provide by delivering important information on our patients’ health status to us every day. By intervening early when any health problem is detected, we are able to help prevent emergency room visits and re-hospitalizations.
Lakeland at Home provides high-quality, innovative, cost-effective services for our patients and the physicians who entrust their patients’ homecare needs to us. Special services include:
- Cancer care
- Cardiovascular care
- Diabetic program
- Enterostomal therapy program
- Infusion therapy
- Maternal and child health
- Orthopedic program
- Pediatric program
- Therapy and rehabilitation programs
Our staff is comprised of outstanding, experienced professionals. These experts have consistently been rated among the best in the country in patient satisfaction scores.
Our staff includes:
- Registered nurses
- Occupational therapists
- Licensed practical nurses
- Occupational therapy assistants
- Home health aids
- Speech therapists
- Physical therapists
- Certified enterostomal nurses
- Physical therapy assistants
- Medical social workers
- Skilled homecare experts
Many Lakeland at Home services are covered by insurance. We will be happy to contact the patient’s insurance company to determine coverage and bill them directly.
To find out more about Lakeland at Home, call 800-373-0892.
Or, for the St. Joseph Benton Harbor, area call 269-985-4400.
For the Niles area, call 269-687-1419.
For more information or to make a referral, please call our offices at 269-985-4400.
Home Medical Equipment
Van's Medical Equipment is a third-generation home medical equipment company that has been serving our area for over 100 years. In 2008, Van's Medical Equipment partnered with Spectrum Health Lakeland to form Van's Medical Equipment of Lakeland. This exciting partnership has allowed Van’s to better serve patients by offering a wider spectrum of products and services. We will continue our tradition of quality products and superior customer service you have come to expect with "Van's.”
We specialize in oxygen therapy and have a respiratory therapist available to help you if needed.
We are available at home or away
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week to serve you.
- to coordinate all your medical supply needs through our network of providers.
- to verify insurance coverage and bill your insurance.
- Hospital Beds
- Walkers and Rollators
- Lift Chairs
- Patient Lifts
- Oxygen Concentrators
- Portable Oxygen
- CPAP/BIPAP machines
- Bath Safety
- Compression Stockings
- Mastectomy Prosthesis
- See our online catalog catalog for more!
Many Van's Medical Equipment of Lakeland services are covered by insurance. We will be happy to contact the patient’s insurance company to determine coverage and bill them directly.
For more information or to make a referral, please call either our main office at 269-927-8635, or the Welcome Center store at 269-982-4306.
Click here to visit the Van’s Medical Equipment of Lakeland webpage and view their online catalog.