Harvest Gathering 2019: Help Feed Our Community
Sep 25, 2019
Each year, Spectrum Health Lakeland partners with the Michigan Health & Hospital Association to fight hunger in Michigan. You can join the fight by participating in the 2019 Michigan Harvest Gathering, a statewide effort that supports our regional food banks.
To participate, look for a collection barrel at your location from Monday, October 21 to Friday, October 25. Southwest Gleaners Food Bank will distribute donated items to food banks or member agencies in Berrien, Cass, and Van Buren counties.
- Canned protein: tuna, sardines, soup, hash
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Staples: beans, rice, and pasta
- Cereal, oatmeal, crackers
- Peanut butter, jelly, condiments
- Personal care items: shampoo, conditioners, deodorant, lotion
- Baby items: diapers, wipes, canned formula
Items Not Accepted:
- Expired items
- Items in glass containers
- Perishable items like bread and meat
- Food you would not eat
Last year, Lakeland team members collected 4,750 pounds of nonperishable food items and personal care items. We are truly making a difference in the lives of the families in our community.
If you’re unable to find a collection barrel, contact your Volunteer Services office or Chelsea Wedde at 269.687.1433