Specially Designed to Meet Your Rehabilitation Needs
The rehabilitation unit at Lakeland Hospital Watervliet has 18 beds and is a comprehensive acute inpatient program designed to meet your rehabilitation needs. Skilled nursing and physician services are available to you 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Therapy services are offered according to your individual needs, seven days a week from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We provide intensive inpatient therapy to patients who meet acute rehabilitation criteria. The program provides a minimum of three hours of therapy per day for at least five days a week.
Rehabilitation is the process of assisting those who have a disabling condition due to injury or illness. It is an ongoing process that both you and your family should participate in.
- Comprehensive evaluation of your unique needs and abilities
- An individualized treatment plan
- Active participation by you, the patient
- Close involvement of family members and care providers
The admission criteria for our program includes:
- Patient must be medically stable
- Patient must be able to tolerate three hours of therapy daily
- Nursing care must be required 24-hours a day
- Patient must require two or more therapies
- Patient must have experienced a functional decline
- Patient must have potential for improvement
- Patient must be cooperative and motivated
- Patients must have a pay source or an arrangement with our finance department prior to admission