Preparing for your appointment
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. Please bring your photo ID and your insurance card.
You, your doctor, and the rest of the care team will work together to make your visit as helpful to you as possible. Here are a few things you can do to ensure your appointment is a success:
- Bring all of your current medications in their original containers. Please include over-the-counter medications, prescriptions, and vitamins you take on a daily basis.
- Make a list of your health questions, putting the most important questions at the top. We will do our best to answer all of your questions.
- You are welcome to bring a trusted friend or family member with you to your appointment.
During your appointment
- Ask the most important questions from your list first and make notes.
- Be sure you understand what you need to do before you leave the office. Repeat the instructions back to your provider.
- Talk to your doctor and care team about what health issues you should work on first.
- Write down the name of each member of your care team and ask how they can be reached in case you have a question or concern that needs to be addressed.
Cancelling an appointment
We understand that there are sometimes unavoidable emergencies and busy schedules that interfere with appointments. Should you need to cancel or re-schedule your appointment please call the office as soon as possible. If you provide less than 24 hours' notice, it may be documented as a "No Show".
"No Shows" and abusive behavior
Three "No Shows" or missed appointments in a 6-month period may result in dismissal from the practice. In addition, any incident of abusive or rude behavior toward physicians or staff may also result in a dismissal.
Patients who have been dismissed from our practice will receive 30 days of emergency care services. Medical records will be transferred to a new doctor upon the patient's request.
To schedule your appointment, call 800.LAKELAND (525.3526).