Choosing a family doctor that’s right for you
Your relationship with your doctor is one of the most important in your life. You should be able to trust your doctor with your most private health issues or problems and should feel certain he or she is your ally. Before choosing a family physician, make a list of qualities you’d like in a doctor. The physician who meets your criteria— listens and treats you with respect— is the right one for you. Spectrum Health Lakeland Primary Care providers care for patients of all ages—from infants, pediatrics patients, young adults, and older adults. Looking for more specialized adult care? Internal medical providers specialize in caring for patients 18 years on through the senior years.
Why having a primary care provider is important
- They are your first point of contact for all new health concerns
- They help prevent illness and death, reducing the rate of mortality by 30%
- They treat chronic conditions
- They’re your long-term personal care provider
- They provide comprehensive and centralized care for you and your entire family
- They partner with many specialty practices throughout Spectrum Health to help you find the right care for your medical concerns
To schedule your first appointment, call 800.LAKELAND (525.3526) or contact our team. Learn more about our office locations here.