Professional Fees, Payment, and Billing
Billing an individual’s insurance company is a courtesy provided by this practice because we want to limit your financial stress. Please be aware that your plan may have a deductible and/or require a co-pay at each visit. This is your responsibility.
We will ask and expect to receive your co-payment at the time of service, prior to you seeing a medical provider. If the appointment is for a minor, the adult accompanying the child is responsible for payment.
We accept cash, most credit cards, and personal checks. Please make checks payable to Lakeland Medical Practices.
Your insurance policy is a contract made between you and the insurance company. This medical practice is not a part of that contractual agreement. You are encouraged to contact your insurance company to confirm benefits. You are responsible for any and all charges that your insurance does not pay.
Follow these guidelines before your appointment:
- Make sure your insurance is accepted at our practice.
- Determine which services are covered by your plan.
- Use your legal name for all insurance information and medical record transactions.
- Bring your insurance card to each appointment. If you are covered by two insurance companies, present both cards at registration.
- Patients who participate in Medicaid must present a current form of identification.
- Contact your insurance company if you have questions about eligibility for claim denials.
- Cases that involve automobile accidents and Workers’ Compensation require written or verbal authorization prior to treatment.
Worried about your medical costs? Get help now with free financial counseling services
Spectrum Health Lakeland offer free services to assist with your billing needs For more information, or to schedule a meeting, call 844.408.4103, option 1, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Counselors can also be reached at SHLfinancialcounseling@spectrumhealth.org or by submitting a request in the button below.
A financial counselor can help you with a variety of circumstances:
- Answer questions about your bill
- Assist with financial assistance applications
Complete Health Exchange/Medicaid application
- Set up low-interest payment plans
- Provide estimates for future services