Residents can expect to enjoy two-bed suites or private suites equipped with a 32” flat screen television, private restroom, armoire, bed-side cabinet and an arm chair.
- We encourage you to bring personal items that will make you feel at home (i.e. photos, afghan, lamp, or plants). You may also bring a radio, wheelchair, or walker. These items should be checked in by the unit charge nurse upon arrival.
- We ask that you don’t tack or nail anything to the walls and doors. The facility will provide adhesive mounting products for your use. The maintenance department will be available if there is a need for assistance.
- We discourage bringing valuables into the facility. We try to provide a safe and secure environment, but we cannot guarantee lost items.
- Health Department regulations do not allow personal appliances with heating coils such as electric blankets, heating pads, extension cords or vaporizers.
- All food items must be stored in small quantities and kept in airtight containers.
- Your nurse will show you the many features of your adjustable bed. You will also learn how to use the hand-held call button near your bedside if you need immediate assistance. To prevent a fall from happening, ask for help – call don’t fall. Someone will respond as soon as possible – wait for them.
- For your safety and security, each resident is assigned a private four-digit extension upon your arrival. You may give out your extension to people you would like to stay in contact with during your stay. Your family and friends may reach you by calling the resident contact line at (269) 408-4150 and then dialing your four-digit extension. Calls will not be forwarded from the switchboard
- From your patient room, local calls may be made free of charge by dialing 9+ number. To place a long-distance call: dial 9, wait for dial tone, then 1, area code and seven digit number.
- Cell phones can be used throughout the facility.
- If you would like to use your personal computer or smart phone, Pine Ridge offers free wireless Internet (WiFi). This is an open Internet connection and is not secure, so you must provide any needed security.
- Personal mail to this address is distributed by Pine Ridge team members and volunteers.
- You may bring outgoing mail to the lobby business office. Stamps are available for purchase.
- Each patient room is equipped with private cable television free of charge. You may access channels by using the remote control provided to you. For a listing of available channels, please see the document in your room or ask a team member.
- If your environment becomes too loud for you, especially at night, let your team know and they will
try to limit the noise as much as possible.
- Of course, other patients need rest, too. If you have a roommate please be considerate of their
environment as well.
- Your room will be cleaned daily and fresh linens will be provided as needed during your stay. If something is spilled, or you have an immediate need for a clean-up, please tell a member of your care team.
- For your comfort, rooms feature radiant floor heat which is adjustable by room.