Lory's Place is here to support you in person or virtually with articles, tips, and activities that will help you on your grief journey.
If you are grieving a death and think a support group might be for you, please contact us at 269.983.2707. We’re always here and available to listen. Follow us on Facebook
for more grief content, and you can always find us at lorysplace.org
A good Support System
User Not Found
Oct 20, 2022
Having a solid support network is vital as you grieve. Find those people who will walk alongside you, accept and care for you wherever you are on your journey.
These people may already be a part of your life. Maybe you have a sibling who always seems to understand, someone in your faith community, or a friend you have known for years who has had more than their share of grief that can easily relate to you.
However, sometimes the people you care about can’t fill that need. It is okay to turn to those outside of your close circle of family and friends to share those overwhelming feelings. Maybe a support group of people who have been in your similar situation will make the greatest confidants. It is sometimes a good fit to seek out one-on-one counseling as well.
Finding a good balance can provide you with the support you need to find steady footing again. Those that support you will likely meet the following:
- not require that you explain or defend your grief, but rather allow you to just talk about it for what it is and not try to fix it
- respect that you are trying in your own way to come to terms with your grief-listen to you even if you want to talk about the same things over and over
- want to hear about the person who died, what they were like, the good and the bad
- be with you as you sort through all of the mixed thoughts and feelings you have
- help you plan for difficult days, such as birthdays, holidays, and anniversaries
- Lory’s Place can help. We are here to listen and walk along with you in every step of your grief.
If you want to connect more with Lory’s Place, you can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can also call us at 269.983.2707. We are always available to listen.
Wishing you moments of joy, peace, and comfort,
The Lory’s Place Team