Ambulatory and outpatient setting:
A patient can bring a family member/guest with them if:
- The patient is a minor or under 21 years old (two family members may accompany minors)
- The patient needs physical assistance to get to and from the visit and/or assist with activities of daily living
- The patient has a guardian and medical decision maker (Power of Attorney) that must be involved in the consent and care
- The patient has cognitive deficits and requires support
- The visit involves reviewing studies and developing a plan of care (includes all OB patients)
- The patient is going to have a procedure that involves sedation
- The patient is being transported by any transportation services (i.e., Pine Ridge, PACE, Medic-1, SMCAS, Pride)
Patient and family/visitor will be screened and provided a mask upon entry to the facility each day. Face masks must be worn in public areas and within exam offices. Family members or visitors who decline masking, will be denied access to Spectrum Health Lakeland facilities and will be encouraged to use other methods of communication to support their family member.
Pine Ridge and Hanson Hospice Center:
Effective immediately, Pine Ridge will no longer be scheduling in person visitations. Going forward, visitation can occur via exterior window only, with exceptions for one visitor for end of life care or other significant reasons as identified by a member of the care team or the administrator. Family members can schedule a window visit by calling the facility directly at 269.983.6501 (dial 8 for the latest on visitation restrictions and COVID-19 updates).
Patients at Hanson Hospice Center will be granted two (2) visitors per day in compliance with the current state guidelines. Visitors must be 21 years of age or older, in good health, complete and pass a daily health screening, provide personal identification, and use proper PPE. Visitors who wish to come outside of the hours of 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. can call the Hanson Hospice Center at 269.4082262 prior to their visit to allow coordination with pre-screening that is to be completed at Pine Ridge. All visitors will be pre-screened at Pine Ridge prior to coming to Hanson Hospice Center for all visits at this time.
This is a rapidly evolving situation, and information is subject to change. We appreciate the public’s cooperation and understand this is an extremely difficult time for everyone.
Staying in Touch with Loved Ones
Spectrum Health Lakeland understands how important it is to stay in touch with loved ones during this time. To stay in contact and up to date on a patient’s medical situation we are recommending social apps like FaceTime, Facebook messenger, Skype, or other virtual calls. Guest Wi-Fi network is available for patients to alleviate the use of personal data plans. Visitors can also call 269.983.8300 and ask for a patient by name and be connected directly to their room phone number.