Ambulatory and outpatient setting:
A patient can bring up to two (2) family members/guests with them if:
- The patient is a minor or under 21 years old (two family members may accompany minors)
- The patient needs physical assistance to get to and from the visit and/or assist with activities of daily living
- The patient has a guardian and medical decision maker (Power of Attorney) that must be involved in the consent and care
- The patient has cognitive deficits and requires support
- The visit involves reviewing studies and developing a plan of care (includes all OB patients)
- The patient is going to have a procedure that involves sedation
- The patient is being transported by any transportation services (i.e., Pine Ridge, PACE, Medic-1, SMCAS, Pride)
Patient and family/visitor will be screened and provided a mask upon entry to the facility each day. Face masks must be worn in public areas and within exam offices. Family members or visitors who decline masking, will be denied access to Spectrum Health Lakeland facilities and will be encouraged to use other methods of communication to support their family member. Visitors may be asked to wait in their car if there is not adequate space available for social distancing within the office/facility.
Pine Ridge and Hanson Hospice Center:
Pine Ridge will continue with two visitors per patient at this time. Appointments are necessary, limiting the total number of visitors in the facility at one time and pretesting for weekend visits is recommended. Each visit has limited visitation time and visitors are restricted to certain locations within the facility. Family members can schedule a visit by calling the facility directly at 269.983.6501 (dial 8 for the latest on visitation restrictions and COVID-19 updates).
Hospice patients may have two visitors at a time provided the following guidelines are followed unless the patient is in isolation or under observation for symptoms of COVID-19. During the first 14 days of a patient’s stay at Hanson Hospice Center, the patient will be in precautionary droplet isolation. For a full list of guidelines, click here. Visitors who wish to come outside of the hours of 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. can call the Hanson Hospice Center at 269.4082262 prior to their visit to allow coordination with pre-screening that is to be completed at Pine Ridge. All visitors will be pre-screened at Pine Ridge prior to coming to Hanson Hospice Center for all visits at this time.
This is a rapidly evolving situation, and information is subject to change. We appreciate the public’s cooperation and understand this is an extremely difficult time for everyone.
Staying in touch with loved ones
Spectrum Health Lakeland understands how important it is to stay in touch with loved ones during this time. To stay in contact and up to date on a patient’s medical situation we are recommending social apps like FaceTime, Facebook messenger, Skype, or other virtual calls. Guest Wi-Fi network is available for patients to alleviate the use of personal data plans. Visitors can also call 269.983.8300 and ask for a patient by name and be connected directly to their room phone number.