Hospital family and visitor guidelines
Are you planning to visit or accompany a Spectrum Health Lakeland patient in the hospital? Please review the information listed below.
Effective Wednesday, August 31, minors (individuals ages 15 and younger) will be allowed to visit adult and pediatric patients. Visiting minors must be with a supervising adult during regular visiting hours and be able to adhere to masking requirements.
Additionally, non-COVID-19 patients, who are in private room will be allowed one adult overnight visitor. Overnight visits are not permitted for minors at this time.
Visitor guidelines include:
- Adult hospital inpatient; labor and delivery; OB triage; and cath lab: Four visitors. Only 2 visitors are allowed in a room at one time. Visitors can be different individuals each day.
- Adult emergency department, urgent care, surgery, and endoscopy: Two visitors.
- Adult lab and radiology: One visitor.
- Pediatric emergency department, surgery, lab and radiology: Two visitors.
- Physician and medical offices: Two visitors (some locations may have tighter access because of space limitations).
Inpatient COVID-19-positive patients can have two adult visitors. The visitors must be the same people throughout patient’s stay at the hospital and the visitors must abide by all personal protective equipment (PPE) expectations. Adults are individuals ages 16 years and older.
Visitor names must be listed on file and be the same throughout the patient's stay. Upon arrival, visitors must complete a health screening and comply with personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements.