Pardon our dust: Important news to know
Timely and accessible patient care is always our number one priority and there are several efforts in place to ensure patients and family members can navigate to their destination quickly and safely. We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout the coming months and ask that you plan for additional time when visiting the Spectrum Health Lakeland Medical Center campus.
Arriving to the hospital
When you arrive at Spectrum Health Lakeland Medical Center campus you’ll notice some changes to the main entrance and how you enter the building. All patients and visitors should park in the parking garage and enter the hospital via the first floor. If you are picking up a loved one, there are designated parking spots available. If you need a wheelchair, or additional assistance, please let someone at the front desk know and we will be happy to help.
Patients and visitors will undergo a health screening, have their temperature taken, and be asked to put on a mask. If you are visiting a patient within the hospital you will be asked to show your ID and will be given a visitor badge.
A new, temporary structure, located off the existing entrance corridor, will provide access to the rest of the facility. Warmer temperatures are on the way, but keep in mind the temporary structure is partially exposed to the outdoors, so please dress accordingly. At the end of the temporary entrance structure, there will be someone to greet you and provide further directions.
There is new, colorful wayfinding signage to help you find your desired location within the hospital:
- If you have an appointment or procedure, once you exit the temporary entrance structure, follow the blue arrows to the registration desk to check in.
- If you are visiting a patient, once you exit the temporary entrance structure, turn left and follow the green and blue arrows to the C elevators for labor and delivery or patient rooms.
- You will need to take the C elevators down to the basement level and then continue to follow the green and blue signs to access both the A and B elevator bays.
- To exit, follow the exit signs along the walls back to the c elevators and take them to the first floor. Follow the hallway back toward the temporary entrance structure which will lead you to the parking garage.
Accessing the emergency department:
If it is an emergency, patients should call 9-1-1 for life-threatening injuries and illnesses or proceed directly to the emergency department located off Morton Avenue. Click here to view a map. Beginning March 26, a temporary entrance to the emergency department will be located west of the ambulance bays (this is also where Dial-A-Ride picks up and drops off). Signage and banners will direct to the new entrance and a covered walkway from the circle drive will lead into the building.
Other important closures/updates:
- Community Room - closed
- Gift shop temporarily located in the new Frederick S. Upton Education Center conference room 1 (basement level of Pavilion)
- Java City moved to Atrium Cafe (basement level of Pavilion)
Watch more in the video below: