August 21, 2020
Greetings in the name of Christ!
I am excited to share with you that much has been accomplished in the last months at Mattru UB
Hospital thanks to your generous financial & prayer support!
The accomplishments include:
- furniture for the recently renovated International House for staff
- Solar gel batteries for Harmony House (where visiting medical teams stay)
- 2 oxygen concentrators for the wards
- A “bush style” perimeter fence was put in place to increase security and safety.
A separate area for the treatment of Covid patients was established in March where Covid patients have
recovered. Through the rainy season, the hospital has had 24-hour electricity. For all of this, the staff
and supporters of the hospital are thankful.
As we enter the remainder of the year the following needs have been identified as top priorities;
Hospital bed mattress replacement and repair and/or purchase of bedframes and seed money for a
hospital maintenance fund. Estimated costs are as follows:
- 60 bed & mattresses @ $200 each = $12,000
- Linens and plastic covers—$30 per bed X 60 = 1,800
- Transportation = 2,000
- Maintenance fund = 4200
Total Project $20,200
We are excited to have received a Matching Gift Grant from Southwestern Medical Clinic Foundation in
the amount of $10,000 to assist us to meet our bedding needs. SWMCF is a Christian Medical Missions
Foundation, www.swmcf.org , who has partnered with us and generously supported us throughout the
years. This grant means that for every $1 donated, Southwestern Medical Clinic Foundation will match
with an equal amount up to $10,000.
Please consider giving towards this matching opportunity, and may God give you much grace in these